Welcome to my FAQ / Reference Masterlist! If you’re looking for references just scroll till you see the corresponding section!
Q. Are you open for commissions?
A. Not right now. When I open I will make a post on my blog. I use a slot system so its first come, first serve. You can check my commissions tag to see previous posts and get an idea of the options and price range.
Q. May I use your art for icons, layouts, sidebar, etc.?
A. Yes you may! All I ask is that you do not claim the art as your own and that you provide credit somewhere.
Q. Can you signal boost this?
A. Please do not ask me to signal boost for you. Regardless of the cause, my blog is not a billboard and I don’t want it to be seen that way. The stuff I signal boost is chosen by me.
Q. Can I cosplay your fancy dreamer / god tier designs?
A. Yes! There is no need to ask permission, go right ahead.
Q. Can I cosplay one of your fantrolls?
Q. Can I draw your fantrolls with mine?
A. Heck yes
Q. Are you going to do a fan adventure with your fantrolls?
A. Probably not, at least I have no plans to right now!!
Q. Can I RP as one of your fantrolls?!
A. I’d rather you not, sorry!
Q. Where can I read Dangan Ronpa? What is OFF? Where can I play OFF?
Links to all that are in this post: http://rumminov.tumblr.com/post/48580343611/
Q. Are you going to draw a Fancy God Tier / Dreamer outfit for x character?
A. I am going to the following, and only have plans for the following:
- Fancy God Tier Sollux
- Fancy God Tier Roxy, Jake
- Fancy Dreamer Alpha Trolls (Meenah and co.)
- Fancy God Tier Alpha Trolls
- Fancy God Tier Andrew Hussie (Waste of Space)
- Fancy Erisolsprite, Fancy Fefetasprite, Fancy Tavrisprite, Fancy ARquiussprite
- Fancy Tier Caliborn and Calliope
If its not on here, I don’t have any solid plans to do that character (please don’t suggest any new ideas).
Q. Are you going to do a reference for (x character)?
A. Yes! I will be doing a full body reference for most of the designs I’ve posted. It might take a while, but I am definitely planning to do them.
Q. What kind of fabric should I use for my fancy cosplay?!
There is an excellent guide to fancy cosplay fabric here!! That post says all I could and more!
Q. Will you do a breakdown, side-view, or colorswatches for x character?
I am planning on doing these for all of the dreamers/god tiers. They will be listed in the masterlist when they are finished, so keep an eye out.
Q. Can I create my own fancy dreamer / god tier designs based on yours?
A. Yes, I have no problem with this!
Q. Are you okay with people modifying your designs for their cosplay?
A. Yes, I am okay with this! Please don’t slightly modify it and claim it to be your own design though.
Q. What programs do you use for your art?
A. The fancy portraits are done on Tegaki E, a flash-based program that can be found here. Otherwise I usually use Paint Tool SAI.
Q. What are your brush settings?
A. This post shows the settings for the two SAI brushes I use the most often.
Q. What program / how did you make your fantroll sprites?
A. I drew them in MSPaint at first. Nowadays I draw sprites with the binary tool in Paint Tool SAI.
Q. Where do you get inspiration / ideas for your designs?
A. When I’m stumped I usually browse blogs that showcase different types of fashion. Some of my favorite blogs I like to link are these:
Fripperies and Fobs
OMG! That Dress
Fuck Yeah, Classic Lolita
I also like to keep in mind the characters Class (if its a god tier design) and incorporate elements one might associate with that, as well as the characters personality and preferences when designing!
Q. The Derse and Prospit outfits are canonically supposed to be pajamas, those outfits would be so impractical to sleep in!
A. Okay so no ones ever asked this but I see it come up ALL THE TIME when the fancy dreamers are discussed, and just to make it clear, my designs are not how I believe the dream outfits are in canon. Nor do I believe my designs are somehow better than the canon pajamas, not at all.
I just wanted to draw the dream outfits more prince/princess-esque and I never expected them to become as popular as they did.
Sorry that this is fairly difficult to navigate! I’m trying to sort things out so its a bit easier to find what you want.
- John Egbert: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
- Rose Lalonde: Original, Full Body Reference, Skirt Sideview, Color Swatches
- Dave Strider: Original, Full Body Reference, Breakdown, Side-View, Color Swatches
- Jade Harley: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches, Beads on waist cincher,
-Tavros Nitram: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Karkat Vantas: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Sollux Captor: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Nepeta Leijon: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches, Sideview + Details
-Kanaya Maryam: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Terezi Pyrope: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Vriska Serket: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Equius Zahhak: Original, Full Body Reference, Breakdown, Color Swatches
-Gamzee Makara: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Eridan Ampora: Original, Full Body Reference, Cape Back-View, Color Swatches
-Feferi Peixes: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches
-Jane Crocker: Original, Full Body Reference, Labeled Beading Reference, Question About Skirt Pattern, Color Swatches
-Jake English: Original, Full Body Reference, Side-view and Color Swatches
-Roxy Lalonde: Original, Full Body Reference, Color Swatches / Detailed Information
-Dirk Strider: Original, Full Body Reference, Side-view, Color Swatches, Construction of the Waistcoat Questions: (1), (2), Shirt reference,
- Lil Cal: Full Body Reference / Breakdown
- John Egbert: Original, Full Body Reference / Color Swatches,
- Rose Lalonde: Original, Full Body Reference, Veil Breakdown
- Dave Strider: Original, Armor details, knee armor question, Full Body Reference,
- Jade Harley: Original, Full Body Reference, Capelet Reference,
- Aradia Megido: Original, Full Body Reference
- Vriska Serket: Original, Full Body Reference,
- Terezi Pyrope: Original, Full Body Reference,
- Eridan Ampora: Original, Full Body Reference, Shirt Reference,
- Feferi Peixes: Original, Full Body Reference,
- Karkat Vantas: Original, Full Body Reference + Armor Reference
- Kanaya Maryam: Original, Full Body Reference + Breakdown, Shoes reference,
- Gamzee Makara: Original, Full Body Reference,
- Equius Zahhak: Original, Full Body Reference,
- Nepeta Leijon: Original, Full Body Reference,
This section is for various other designs I’ve done references for!
Alphas in Wonderland:
- Original (Alpha Kids)
- Original (the Condesce)
- References for Jane and Dirk
- References for Roxy and Jake
- Jadesprite: Original, Reference
- Davesprite: Original, Reference
- Aradiasprite: Original, Reference